Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My life is a dream

Each day in my life nowadays is much like the day before it, such that one might be tempted to say that I am vegetating or sleeping my life away. I am more or less stuck where I am or as they say, "confined to barracks" a derogatory term I'm sure but which nevertheles describes accurately my current situation. As they say, if life gives you lemons then make lemonade and that is precisely what I am doing.

I am unable to travel, or vacation in sandy beaches, or to reach out to old friends or party and make new ones. These pleasures and opportunities are more or less restricted to me but the life I am living a life not ordinary. I am the king of all that I survey. I might be limited in what I can possess but I am in control of a wonderful resource: my imagination. There is no limit to what I can picture in my mind, the flowers I can gaze at and smell. My life is a dream and no kings are allowed to intrude into my realm. I sit alone, hour after hour, tending to my thoughts and giving free rein to my dreams as they gallop and prance their way largely unhampered in Cyber Space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home