Friday, May 12, 2006

I like to dream

Is it a curse or something good to be dreaming always? I like to dream and not necessarily when I am asleep but even when I am awake. I like to wander off and try out different things in my mind. In my younger years dreaming (the regular stuff when sleeping) was a scary affair because I often had frightful dreams like being chased by witches of the Filipino variety who are more like banshees and demonic beings with bat-wings and they are more scary than the witches of Occidental origin with their pointy hats and broomsticks. My witches could fly through the air with their batlike wings and chase me. Very often I would also try to fly and you know how it is when you are dreaming and being chased, you do lose your mobility and would tend to get glued to the air which you are trying so hard to navigate.
I do have some nice dreams too sometimes, but I cannot remember them at all. What sticks to my mind are the nightmares. I managed to get rid of these nightmares when I was initiated into Yoga and learned to meditate with a Mantra. So, there I was dreaming again but armed now with my Mantra. True to form, my tormentor made her appearance and began to terrorize me. I turned the tables on her and started chasing her as I shouted my Mantra at her which, was greatly disconcerting to the poor thing. I laughed out loud and challenged her to come back and do her worst.. I clearly remembered the entire episode when I woke up the following day. The following night I waited for her to appear but my waiting was in vain. She never showed and she has never appeared in my dreams since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home